Employment Exchange Registration
The Employment Service in India came into existence, mainly under the stress of post war demobilization. Towards the end of second world war the need for a machinery which could handle orderly absorption in civil life, a large number of service personnel and war workers, who were about to be released, was keenly felt. Having regard to the complexity of the problem and in order to ensure uniformity in policies and effective co-ordination of efforts, it was considered necessary that the proposed machinery be directed and controlled by the Central Government. In accordance with a scheme, the Directorate General of Resettlement and Employment was set up in July 1945, and Employment Exchange were opened in several parts of the country. With the partition of the country in 1947, the Employment Exchanges were called upon to deal with resettlement of a large number of persons, who were displaced. By 1948, in response to popular demand, scope of the service was extended to all categories of applicants. This transition of the Employment Service from a resettlement agency to an all India placement organisation resulted in an enormous increase of work. From 1st November 1956 administrative control of the Employment Service was transferred to the respective states by the Government of India.
District Employment Exchange, Chhindwara
Collector Campus, Chhindwara
Location : Office of the Collector | City : Chindwara | PIN Code : 110001
Phone : 07162-248533 | Email : deocinwd[at]gmail[dot]com